Best GoPro Video Editing Software for Mac
An article on how to edit GoPro videos on Mac. Looking for reliable GoPro software for Mac to make your GoPro videos much better, like adding background music, stabilizing shaky videos, and removing fisheye? You have come to the right place.
While it’s easy to shoot videos with a GoPro, you need the right GoPro editing software to share your videos. In this post, we have selected the best GoPro software for Mac users today, based on sales volume and user ratings, to help you make the right choice as far as how to edit GoPro videos on Mac is concerned.
Many GoPro users with Mac computers always ask “What is the GoPro app on Mac? How do I download the GoPro app on Mac and how do I install the GoPro app on Mac and how to edit GoPro videos on Mac?”. So is there a specially designed GoPro app for Mac?
GoPro Quik App is a free video editing tool developed by GoPro to meet the needs of users in video editing quickly and efficiently. The program allows users to flip, merge, rotate, crop GoPro videos, add text, effects, highlight, and filter to GoPro videos, as well as adjust the video playback speed. The tool is easy to use and comes with a huge number of built-in audio track sources and many impressive presets to create amazing video content.
- Add Timelapse Sequences and Photos to GoPro Videos
- Perfectly sync video with music in just a few clicks
- Viewing and editing time-lapse photos
- Lots of presets with trim, slow-down, speed, and merge features
- Create, edit, and share footage
- Add graphs and indicators showing how far, fast, and high you have progressed in your videos
- Free 4K Video Editor
- Fast and efficient
- Easy to use
- Lots of tools
- Unable to perform advanced video editing such as DVD authoring and video denoising
- Only supports 64-bit computers running macOS 10.10 or Windows 10 and later
Part 2. The Best GoPro App Alternative for Mac Not To Be Missed
Before choosing or downloading the GoPro app for Mac and learning how to edit GoPro videos on Mac, it’s best to consider the program’s video cutting and editing capabilities, stabilization support, and support for various popular video formats. According to our research and considerations, the best alternative to GoPro App for video editing is Wondershare UniConverter.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a powerful tool with a full-featured video editor and versatile file converter that allows you to create professional videos or convert files in minutes. In addition to being able to compress, trim, flip, rotate, merge, and add music, effects, text, and highlights to GoPro videos, it supports a wide range of video formats and runs on 32-bit and 64-bit computers running MacOS X (all) and Windows XP/Vista /7/8/10.
Wondershare UniConverter – Best GoPro App for Mac/Windows (including Catalina)
- Edit GoPro videos by cropping, cropping, rotating, adding subtitles, watermarks, and more.
- Convert GoPro videos to 1000+ formats with high-quality output.
- Reduce GoPro video file size with video resolution, bit rate, video format, and other features.
- Optimized presets for almost all devices like iPhones, iPad, Huawei phones, etc.
- 30 times faster conversion speed compared to conventional converters thanks to the unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Burn GoPro videos to DVD or Blu-ray discs with free DVD menu templates.
- Transfer video from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa.
- All-in-one toolbox: Video metadata editor, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Edit GoPro Videos with Wondershare UniConverter – Step-by-Step Guide?
Step 1. Launch Wondershare UniConverter and add video files
Download the program from Wondershare’s official website, install and run it, then go to Video Converter to add GoPro video files.
Step 2. Trim the video
Below the video thumbnail, you’ll find three video editing icons – Trim, Crop, and Effect. Select the Trim icon to go to the video trim window. Here you can:
- Trim the beginning or end of the video by setting the exact time or by moving the time slider to cut out the unwanted part.
- Trim the middle of the video. Just move the time slider to the beginning of the unwanted fragment, click the cut icon, then move the slider to the end of the unwanted fragment, click the cut icon, and then click the delete icon.
- Trim the middle of the video.
- Cut out the unwanted area of the video and merge the rest into one file.
- Split long video into multiple video clips.
After trimming, select the video format and click Start to convert and save the trimmed video.
Step 3. Crop your video
Select the Crop icon to open the video crop window. Here you can rotate the video, flip it vertically or horizontally, crop the size, and set the aspect ratio of the video.
Step 4. Add an effect
Select the Effect icon to open the Effects window. Here you can adjust the contrast, brightness, saturation, volume, and deinterlacing as you wish.
When you are done with effects and adding watermarks, subtitles, and music, select the video format and click Convert to convert and save your edited video. Click here for more details.
Part 3. Other 10 GoPro App Alternatives for Mac
This tool is an all-in-one 4K video editing and processing software for GoPro users. It can denoise, stabilize, trim, crop, crop, rotate, and merge GoPro clips into one. It can also adjust playback speed, contrast, brightness, hue, etc., and add subtitles, watermarks, and effects to videos.
Here is another best free video editing app similar to the GoPro Quik app. The application is published by Apple Inc. and is suitable for editing photos and video clips. It allows you to rotate, crop, add effects, adjust playback speed, reduce background noise, adjust color, add music, and stabilize shaky videos.
- Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Elements by Adobe Systems Inc. is another smart GoPro video editing app for beginner editors and users. This tool allows users to cut and merge GoPro clips, extract stunning photos from videos, reduce shaking, and add titles, transitions, effects, and more to videos. It supports HD and 4K video and supports real-time rendering for instant pre-editing for the process of how to edit GoPro videos on Mac.
- Final Cut Pro X
Developed by Apple, Final Cut Pro X is a non-linear video editor that allows users to edit 4K/5K videos as well as any QuickTime-compatible video formats. It supports multi-camera editing, HDR, and 360-degree video, as well as many standard features such as color correction, filter, transition, slide, time remapping, etc.
Lightworks is an advanced non-linear video editor that allows users to edit a wide range of video formats such as 2K/4K video. The paid version of this tool has many incredible features such as timeline cropping and editing, advanced multi-camera editing, real-time effects, Lo-Res Proxy workflows, and more.
- Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is aimed at professionals and is an advanced version of Adobe Premiere Elements. This professional video editor supports various raw videos such as VR, HDR, and 4K and allows you to create amazing videos for the web, TV, and movies. It can seamlessly edit, add effects and transitions, enhance color, correct color, and more on how to edit GoPro videos on Mac.
- Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effects is a post-production application that works as a media transcoder, audio editor, and basic non-linear video editor. It allows you to create motion graphics or add professional digital effects, such as making it rain, starting a fire, creating explosive effects, or setting anything in motion. It works with other Adobe applications and can edit VR/360 videos, color correct, create cinematic intros, titles, transitions, and more.
- Sony Catalyst Production Suite
Sony Catalyst is known for its performance, creativity, and efficiency. The program is equipped with many features to help you create videos according to industry standards. The program’s advanced user interface is intuitive and can provide the best results even when dealing with complex projects.
- Hit Film Pro
HitFilm Pro is a great video editor for creating industry-standard videos ready for release or download. This tool is great for adding special effects to videos. It has a highly customizable interface and many tools for basic video editing as you work on how to edit GoPro videos on Mac.
VSDC is a free, feature-packed video editor that can be a little confusing at first. But once you get the hang of it, you’ll realize that it’s powerful and not difficult to use. The paid version of the program allows you to stabilize the video, perform chroma key, masking, and much more as you work around how to edit GoPro videos on Mac.
These are the best GoPro apps for Mac, so you can choose any of them and use on how to edit GoPro videos on Mac.