Welcome to the guide on how to install Hotstar in Samsung Smart TV. Hotstar is the best live-streaming app for watching Asian content. On the Hotstar app, you can watch live sporting events from cricket, Premier League (soccer), Formula 1, and more. You can also watch live TV channels. If you are a Samsung Smart TV user, you can install the Hotstar app from the Play Store.
How to install Hotstar in Samsung Smart TV
- First turn on your Samsung Smart TV and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Navigate to the Programs section.
- Then click on the Get more apps button or Google Play store.
- On the Google Play Store, click on the Search icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Type Hostar and look for the application.
- Click on the Hotstar App (If you are from India, you will find the Disney + Hotstar App) from the search results.
- On the application installation screen, click the Install button.
- The Hotstar app will be downloaded and installed on your Samsung TV.
- Click on the Open button to launch the application.
How to Install Hotstar on Samsung Google TV
- On your Samsung Google TV, click the Search option icon at the top.
- Type Hotstar or use voice command to search for the app.
- Select a Hotstar app from the search results.
- Then tap the Install button to get the Hotstar app on your Samsung Google TV.
- After installation, click the “Install” button.
- Open the Hotstar app for the activation process.
How to activate Hotstar on Samsung Smart TV
- Launch the Hotstar App on your Samsung TV.
- In the lower right corner, click the My Account option icon.
- An activation code will appear on the screen.
- In the web browser of your phone or computer, go to Activate Hotstar site.
- Sign in if prompted and enter the activation code displayed on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then click the Continue button.
- After successful verification, the Hotstar app on your TV screen will update and start downloading content.
How to Stream Hotstar to Samsung Smart TV
- Launch the Hotstar app on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect your smartphone and Samsung Smart TV or Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Broadcast icon at the bottom of the Hotstar app. For iOS, you need to enable AirPlay on your Samsung TV.
- Select Samsung Smart TV from the list of available devices.
- Now turn on any show you want.
- It will appear on your Samsung Smart TV.
Still on how to install Hotstar in Samsung Smart TV, in the US, Hotstar has two subscription plans: monthly and yearly. The monthly plan costs $9.99 and the annual plan costs $99.99.
1. Where is the Play Store on a Samsung smart TV?
In the Apps section, you will find the Google Play Store. Samsung Google TV does not have a Play Store. You can use the search feature to search for an application.
2. How to get Hotstar on Samsung TVs without Android?
For non-Android TVs, you must get external devices like Firestick and Roku to get Hotstar.
3. Are Disney Plus and Hotstar the same thing?
This varies by country as far as how to install Hotstar in Samsung Smart TV. In Asian countries, the app is called Disney+ (Plus) Hotstar. In the US, there is a separate app for Disney Plus and Hotstar with an individual subscription.